Hepatitis is unbearable when the pains and aches spread throughout the body and make it evident that something is seriously wrong. The vision of living a happy and healthy life goes down the drain when you cannot function and move your body in a usual way. Therefore, it is essential to get prompt medical attention to control and contain symptoms like mental agitation, organ damage, and general body weakness. Here is all you need to know about hepatitis C treatment near me.
Everything about treating hepatitis C
Screening and testing
The United States preventive task force recommends that adults up to age 79 schedule a screening of hepatitis C. These tests are necessary even when you do not have apparent signs of liver damage. Screening for hepatitis is especially critical when you participate in the following health risk activities:
- Inhaling or injecting illicit drugs
- Abnormal liver function
- Babies whose mother has hepatitis C
- Exposure to used needle sticks, blood, or sexual encounter with patients who have hepatitis
- Anyone who has HIV infection, hemophilia, long-term hemodialysis, or recent blood transfusion
- Ex-inmates and people born between 1945 and 1965
Types of hepatitis C tests
The blood test measures the amount of the virus in the blood and identifies the exact genotype to allow proper treatment. Liver damage tests are more technical to measure many different quotients. Here is a shortlist of the most common:
- Magnetic resonance to create a visual map of the stiffness throughout the liver
- Transient elastography to estimate stiffness with vibrations
- Biopsy to test chemicals within the liver by removing a small piece of the liver tissue
- Blood tests to measure the extent of fibrosis in the liver
Hepatitis C is a long-term condition where only a few can clear the body of all viruses and symptoms. However, many people can heal from HCV with proper treatment.
The latest Hep C care treatments include medication like protease inhibitors and direct aging inhibitors. Each treatment works differently and depends on the exact complication of the patient. It is essential to take each medication as prescribed and express any concerns or adverse reactions. We will recommend supportive medication or other treatment plans to match your body chemistry.
Generally, new drugs have a better success rate of healing in comparison to older interferon treatments. However, statistics show that only the doctors who treat Hepatitis C understand the best treatment for you, hence do not buy research or recommend the proper treatment.
Side effects of hepatitis C treatment near me
Some people discontinue treatment because of the severe side effects. The only problem is stopping treatment will cause damage to the liver with severe cirrhosis or liver cancer. Nevertheless, we urge patients to report to our hepatitis C doctor immediately when they notice any of the following side effects:
- Aches of the muscle or head
- Mood changes, confusion, or depression
- Adverse effects of your digestive, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss, or lack of appetite
- Poor-looking skin with rashes, dryness, or itchiness.
Who can you talk to about all the details of your treatment? Contact our healthcare professionals specializing in Hepatitis C to learn more about our clinic or services, or call (323) 653-1990 to schedule an appointment at the hepatitis C clinic.Hepatitis C Treatment Near Me
View Larger Map